Friday, March 09, 2012

Into the First Unit

It's amazing how far I can get by understanding basic relationships in equations. Such as, I have no idea what a linear resistor, but when I'm asked to identify a graph of current over voltage, I know that an independent current will only have one value on the y axis. I find that this kind of deduction is getting me by quite well so far. So far the equations I'm using are linear expressions, thankfully. One smart thing that MITx does: they demarcate the video lectures according to where there is a question that I'm supposed to spend time thinking about. For example, the professor has an empty graph and asks me what I think a relationship will look like. The video ends and I'm supposed to start the next one when I'm ready to go. Below each exercise is a link to a discussion forum where I may post questions or read answers to other questions. Please note: open these links in a new tab. These discussion forums are really helping me understand the concepts behind power entering a circuit. Did I also mention that I'm very aware of my point values, how many points I do or don't have? When the professor was recording his lecture, his dog was barking. I can't say why that makes me feel better about this class: if he has a dog, he probably tolerates people that make the same mistake over and over.

No comments: